October 5, 2014

Beauty Bite: Yummy Breakfast On The Go

Yummy Breakfast on the Go: Oatmeal , strawberries , blueberries , almonds , walnuts , brazil nuts , and honey





I'm sure it's common knowledge that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It helps to energize us and start are day off right. So it should be packed with the right nutrients and minerals because when we are healthy, its easy to be beautiful.

So to make sure I get all my essential nutrients, I pack this easy oatmeal on the go.
First, I take I cook some steel cut oats and fill my Pyrex bowl little less than half way. I put no sugar in since I'm trying to stay away from refined sugar. I throw in a pinch of turmeric and nutmeg for taste. Then, I throw in some fruit. Today I used some bananas, strawberries, and blueberries. After that, I added some mixed nuts of almonds, walnuts cashews, and Brazil nuts. Last but not least, I drizzle some yummy honey on top. Of course, then I just throw the lid on and out the door I go!

This yummy bowl of awesomeness keeps me super full until lunch and keeps me from reaching for sugary empty calories. Also, if you want to add more beauty benefit to this recipe - just add some chia seeds :)

Beauty benefits:
So this bowl of oatmeal might not seem so special but it is full of yummyness and lots of beauty benefits.


Food
What It Has
Benefits
Oatmeal
Fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, thiamine, iron, and antioxidants such as avenanthramides
Fiber isn’t directly related with skin health but it does help with the removal of wastes from the body. So hen your body is toxin free, not only is your overall health better, but your skin is visibly better.
Bananas
Made up of 75% water, contains antioxidants such as Vitamin C, vitamin B6 and large amounts of manganese
Hydrate and boost collagen production.
Strawberries
Antioxidants, such as Vitamin C, lutein, and Zeathancins as well as ellagic acid
Prevent wrinkle development and age related dry skin.
Blueberries
Antioxidants such as anthocyanins, Vitamin C, and Phytonutrients
Maintain healthy skin and increase collagen development.
Almonds, walnuts, brazil nuts
Omega-3 fatty acids and Vitamin E
Shinier hair, smoother skin and brighter eyes.


What's Your Breakfast Beauty Bite On The Go?


1 comment:

  1. That looks delicious and healthy! I never thought about all the potential beauty benefits you can get from eating healthy foods! Great post, it motivated me to eat better plus it gave me some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...