November 1, 2014

October Favorites & A Regret

Above: Yes to Coconuts Cooling Lip Oil, DermaNew Calming Gel Masque, Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Hair Masque, and Real Techniques Contouring Brush

Favorites:
I'm terribly sad to see October go. But doing monthly favorites, really makes me appreciate time because it sure does fly. I did get to try out some new products and use more of what I had in my stash. 
1. Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Hair Masque: This is a bit pricey so I only use it on special occasions. But as I've had some interviews this month, I've been reaching for it more than usual. I've been happier and happier with every use. It makes my hair so shiny and soft! I leave it in for 20 minutes instead of the recommended, 10 minutes, though. It smells so good, too! I always get compliments from my boo every time I use this.

2. DermaNew Calming Gel Masque:  This is an awesome face mask for the fall season. Its not to heavy or drying, its perfect for the fall season. It's scent isn't overpowering, and it puts me into the "spa and retreat" mood, lols. 

3. Real Techiniques Buffing Brush: Is it me or have drugstore brushes really picked it up a notch? This is a quality brush that could be compared to ones you find in department stores....except it's cruelty-free :) This brush is a dream for working products into my skin and doesn't tug on my skin. It's very soft and has remained so after multiple washes. I've also had minimal fallout with the hairs. 

Regret: 
Yes to Coconuts Cooling Lip Oil: I've never seen a lip oil at the drugstore so I was super excited, not to mention I'm total sucker for anything coconut. I rushed to the drugstore, early October to pick this up and was ready to fall in love. Initially, when I first applied it; it felt good on my lips. It was thick and gave a nice shine. But then the tingle feeling started. Not just a little tingle, but the kind that goes on to burn if you have really chapped lips. Yep, this product has quite a bit of menthol. It irritated my lips more than it moisturized. So to the bottom of my makeup drawer it goes!

1 comment:

  1. Good evening, love.

    The Real Techniques brushes are really awesome! I do own a few and while I absolutely love my ZOEVA brushes, their powder brush is just the best for a peachy cheek when you're after a natural glow on your cheeks.
    Anyway, I came here to tell you that I've nominated you for the Liebster Award. If you already did one, I apologise: http://bit.ly/10jiKhJ

    xx

    Cakilicious @ Brighton and Back

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...